[wp-hackers] Trackback Spam Fix

Kimmo Suominen kim at tac.nyc.ny.us
Mon Apr 11 04:22:03 GMT 2005

This would create false positives with systems that have multiple IP's.
For example, the IP for kimmo.suominen.com is a secondary IP on a server
called beowulf.gw.com.  The trackbacks come from the primary IP, not the
secondary IP.

It is possible for the software to select the IP used for outbound
connections, but most software (including WordPress) does not support
doing so.

Regards,
+ Kim
--