[wp-hackers] An idea for preventing spam

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Sun Apr 10 20:40:29 GMT 2005

I'd agree it doesn't warrant its own plugin just for that one case.
CG-Antispam uses a number of techniques, including looking at the links in
the comment versus domain/word blacklist, number of links, repetitive posts,
etc.  There's more to it than just something that simple -- you just happen
to have hit a single-patterned spammer at the moment. ;)

But there's a half-dozen antispam plugins out there that should catch it
already so long as it's hitting one of the existing filters.  A few do let
you add your own regex (I don't currently, as I try to avoid regex tests for
speed reasons...), if you find stuff getting through.

-d