[wp-hackers] deleting a user, save posts by him

Mike Little journalized at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 16:02:24 GMT 2005

On Apr 7, 2005 4:55 PM, Mark R. Andrachek, Jr. <mark.andrachek at gmail.com> wrote:
> What about adding a "deleted" column to the user's information? If a
> user is deleted, don't let him log in or show him in the normal
> userlist.  And perhaps allow the admin to decide:
>
> 1) delete old posts
> 2) change posts status to draft/hidden
> 3) leave posts, as-is
> 3) leave posts, unlink author

There is no point to a deleted column, that in effect is what level 0
is for. Yes they can log in but, they can't do anything.

2) No, this will break all your permanent links, this will deprive
your readers of your content.

4) (the second 3)  You can't do this because then you have to change
all code which expects to be able to retrieve the user information
based on the user id in the post.

Frankly the justification for all this (that there may be a lot of
level-0 users) hasn't convinced me of anything.

But I do agree that deleting a lot of posts en masse is not a good thing.

Mike
--
Mike Little
http://zed1.com/journalized/