[wp-hackers] Theme and Plugin Integration

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 01:33:19 GMT 2005

While thinking about how to go about developing a theme, I thought it would
be neat to add a whole host of features, some of which would only be
available as plugins since you can't really do actions and filters from
regular files, depending on where you want to do the actions or filters. So,
I was thinking, what if there was a designated file in the theme directory
to be loaded as a plugin? This way, theme developers wouldn't have to ask
users to install and enable plugins, but rather just bundle them up with the
theme, and it could be a "feature" that the theme comes with. Any thoughts
on this?

--
--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com