[wp-forums] Giving WordPress.org permission to publish information publicly

Mark Ratledge mark at markratledge.com
Sat Mar 8 18:13:06 UTC 2014

On Mar 8, 2014, at 10:59 AM, andrew nevins wrote:

> Or is the act of that the person sharing information on the public WordPress.org forum the equivalent of granting WordPress.org permission to post that information publicly?

The legal beagles would have to parse that. But basically, the OP is inflating the idea that their post is being published, rather than admitting that their original responsibility is to be aware of what they are are posting will be public. I would think that WP.orgs privacy policy is not the same as the forums' TOS on posting.