[wp-forums] Sharing login details to dummy host

Half-Elf on Tech ipstenu at halfelf.org
Wed Mar 5 17:36:05 UTC 2014

The "I need help with code" email list is wp-hackers

FWIW, we know you wouldn't ask for help if you didn't need it :) That's
kind of expected.

But there is a limit to what (most) volunteers are willing to do for
free, and when it comes to logging in to someone's site, it's a strange
line. After all, I don't really think it's a good idea for NON technical
users to allow random internet strangers to log into their site. Which
is our point.

Support yes. Asking/expecting people to log in to your site (or
conversely asking for access to log into someone's site) is beyond the
norm and something we regard as highly suspect. Hackers like to do that.
We like to protect people via education, and we're always telling people
NOT to give away login access like beads at Mardi Gras.