[wp-forums] Bought reviews (again)?

Jan Dembowski jan at dembowski.net
Thu Jun 26 11:06:07 UTC 2014

This is why we can't have nice things. Also this may have been reported
already.

While looking at the review section (morning routine. What?) I saw a
large number of dodgy reviews for this plugin.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/feed-them-social/

https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/feed-them-social

Which made me look and find this old post from the author.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/excellent-plugin-just-what-i-needed?replies=2&view=all#post-3641678

But that was a year ago so I thought "They can't still be doing that
right? Right???"

*Moar coffee*

https://www.slickremix.com/review/
https://www.slickremix.com/downloads/feed-them-social-premium-extension/

"It's Very Simple. Leave a review on any of our free plugins before
buying the premium version and we will give you 20% off."

That's a lot of bogus reviews. At least it's only a 20% discount.

https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/feed-them-social?filter=5

I don't mind when the authors do "Hey buddy, if you like the plugin why
not review it?" 'cause they should do that. But getting a discount for
leaving a review on the forums just rubs me the wrong way.

--
Jan Dembowski
https://blog.dembowski.net/