[wp-forums] 'Common Sense' Mod Rules when reviewing forum post that says 'me too'

Mika A Epstein ipstenu at ipstenu.org
Mon Jan 20 18:40:44 UTC 2014

There's constructive replies and non-constructive. And there's common
sense and then there's expectations, and what you're experiencing is not
an issue of 'common sense' (which ... isn't common, thank you Voltaire)
but one of your expectations of how a forum works vs how this one has
been working for a while. It happens, every community is a little different.

The point that we COULD be more light handed on this is one that we're
working on, as a whole, and pointing at people specifically does not
make ANYONE feel inclined to be nicer. So give and take. Don't beat the
dead horse please :) The more you do, the grumpier everyone gets, so
please keep that in mind. You feel taken aback, we feel attacked, it's a
vicious circle. I know you mean well, now let it simmer a while so
people can think.

BTW As Nacin pointed out there IS a 'Subscribe to Topic' link on the
right hand side in every topic, so you didn't have to reply to get the
follow. Mind, I missed that too, but I use (and prefer) RSS. Mea culpa
(don'tcha feel silly too, Chip? How many years have we not noticed? ;) ).

Mika A Epstein (aka Ipstenu)
http://ipstenu.org | http://halfelf.org