[wp-forums] Twitter ain't .ORG

Mark Ratledge mark at markratledge.com
Sun Jul 21 14:27:49 UTC 2013

Sorry, but it's very simple: sometimes we have to moderate users as well as their posts.

The tweet I quoted was complaining about the WP thread, and the twitter link I deleted from his post was pointing toward his twitter account with that tweet, and his post references that tweet.

This is the email I got from Patrick:

> Dear Mark,
>
> I'm quite dissapointed in your level of proffesionalism at http://wordpress.org/support/topic/extremely-slow-load-time-2.
>
> Let's be clear:
>
> (1) The Rules do not state anything about twitter.
> (2) Anything I say on twitter to another user is beyond WP Forum Rules.
> (3) My services were never advertised on the forum.
>
> Also, I'm not sure why you are pulling in conversations from twitter into the forum. In fact, that was in response to the Zpanel Forum.
>
> I will make sure this message also gets to someone a bit more senior.
>
> Best,
> -Patrick

> I will make sure this message also gets to someone a bit more senior.

Right.

I wasn't even sarcastic about him hinting at complaining at WCSF....  :)

(BTW, I'm away from email until tonight)