[wp-forums] Best channel for issue with external jQuery UI library

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Fri Feb 1 23:43:38 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Mar Ventus <marventus.wp at gmail.com> wrote:

> There seems to be a bug in jQuery UI 1.9.1 and above, up to 1.10.0. I
> stumbled upon this while working on an update for Ultimate Tinymce that I
> am now co-developing with Josh Lobe.
> Dragging during sorting elements can become very unstable when using those
> versions of jQuery UI. I created a little testing
> platform<http://elblawg.com/jqueryui-test/>to show what the issue is.
> Try loading any UI versions above 1.9.0 and
> dragging the icons back and forth (sometimes the issue appears after a
> couple of page reloads, despite the fact the script change does kick in).
> I have already submitted a ticket on jQuery UI and a Commit on GitHub, but
> I was wondering if something should be done on the WP side of things since
> latest versions (3.5 and 3.5.1) have been shipping with UI 1.9.2, one of
> the problem versions.
> I don't mind submitting a ticket to Trac about this at all, but wanted to
> make sure it was the right thing to do.

If it is something that affects core WordPress, then you are welcome to
submit a Trac ticket to http://core.trac.wordpress.org. We'll then help
track the ticket upstream, and actually work with the jQuery and jQuery UI
developers on a fix. This doesn't appear to affect any core functionality
though, so it would be best to keep all activity upstream.

A heads up, the jQuery UI developers are going to want a fiddle as a test
case: http://jsfiddle.net/. Your test case seems quite solid, but they
ideally want something that is simple and reproducible, and in a clean and
consistent environment.

Nacin