[wp-forums] Best channel for issue with external jQuery UI library

Mar Ventus marventus.wp at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 17:43:49 UTC 2013

There seems to be a bug in jQuery UI 1.9.1 and above, up to 1.10.0. I
stumbled upon this while working on an update for Ultimate Tinymce that I
am now co-developing with Josh Lobe.
Dragging during sorting elements can become very unstable when using those
versions of jQuery UI. I created a little testing
platform<http://elblawg.com/jqueryui-test/>to show what the issue is.
Try loading any UI versions above 1.9.0 and
dragging the icons back and forth (sometimes the issue appears after a
couple of page reloads, despite the fact the script change does kick in).
I have already submitted a ticket on jQuery UI and a Commit on GitHub, but
I was wondering if something should be done on the WP side of things since
latest versions (3.5 and 3.5.1) have been shipping with UI 1.9.2, one of
the problem versions.
I don't mind submitting a ticket to Trac about this at all, but wanted to
make sure it was the right thing to do.

Marv