[wp-forums] Old thread resurrections

bc workz bcworks at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 22:32:30 UTC 2013

I hope everyone is enjoying their Holiday Season.

I've added followup posts to several old threads that I had contributed to
and in some cases, disseminated bad information related to including
wp-load.php in external PHP fies. Example:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/wordpress-default-function-is-not-working-in-my-custom-pluginplease-help-me?replies=4#post-5042216

Realizing this is often an activity associated with spammers, I thought it
would be best to explain myself. I never totally took a liking to the often
suggested AJAX alternative, so I was excited to learn there is a related
alternative:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Action_Reference/admin_post_%28action%29

It is this excitement and a desire to share information that spurred my
thread resurrection spree, even though it should have been my embarrassment
from giving out bad advice.

So don't mistake me for a spammer, the only link I'm sharing in the forums
is into the Codex :)

-bcworkz (Glenn)