[wp-forums] Themes being Attacked

Mika A Epstein ipstenu at ipstenu.org
Thu Dec 5 00:45:39 UTC 2013

Remember how people were scanning for TimThumb? They're doing it for
upload-handler.php  now too.

Example of a log:
./wp-content/themes/curvo/functions/upload-handler.php
./wp-content/themes/dimension/library/includes/upload-handler.php
./wp-content/themes/euclid/functions/upload-handler.php
./wp-content/themes/highlight/lib/utils/upload-handler.php
./wp-content/themes/make_a_statement/library/includes/upload-handler.php
./wp-content/themes/oxygen-theme/functions/upload-handler.php
./wp-content/themes/radial-theme/functions/upload-handler.php
./wp-content/themes/rayoflight-theme/functions/upload-handler.php
./wp-content/themes/reganto-theme/functions/upload-handler.php
./wp-content/themes/rockstar-theme/functions/upload-handler.php
./wp-content/themes/agritourismo-theme/functions/upload-handler.php

more general info about related themes:
http://osvdb.org/show/osvdb/99043
http://xforce.iss.net/xforce/xfdb/89325

So far as I can tell, none of these are on wp.org and I'm going to try
and scan the plugins for the file, but if anyone HAS a copy of the
files, we'll be able to see what content is bad and needs fixing :)

--
Mika A Epstein (aka Ipstenu)
http://ipstenu.org | http://halfelf.org