[wp-forums] We are not the theme police

denise williams lettergrade at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 15:58:33 UTC 2013

As a relative new-comer to the forums list, I want to pipe in the say that
I'm finding this a very valuable discussion to hear.

I agree with the official stance on non-support for commercial themes, for
all the very good reasons listed. But I have also run into mostly-pure-css
questions which I could have answered (or did answer) to some degree of
helpfulness without being able to see the theme itself.

And in some cases -- given the longer-term moderators' dedication to the
commercial non-support stance that I'd seen across the boards -- I felt
that answering the question at all might be undermining board policies
which I agree with fundamentally in theory, thought they're not always
necessary or most helpful to enforce in practice.

I'm glad to see a spectrum of options here, at least so I know I'm not
going renegade on you guys :)

-denise

--
@lettergrade