[wp-forums] Plugin author promoting pro version via reviews

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Wed Apr 24 13:45:53 UTC 2013

on 24/04/2013 14:35 Jan Dembowski said the following:
> I'm sure that I'm NOT OK with that...
>
> If he wants to review and promote the free hosted version then that's
> encouraged. Shilling for the commercial version in the same forum? Not good.

Did some more digging and this is the SECOND time he's posted a 5 star
review pimping the pro version of his plugin. And he's only ever posted
4 times with the other two being responses to "how do I get the premium
version" (I can't prove that he was behind them).

Pulled both pimping reviews and b-coded him.

<http://wordpress.org/support/profile/getaplugin>

Mel
--
http://quirm.net