[wp-forums] jerk of the day award

Jan Dembowski jan at dembowski.net
Tue Apr 16 01:21:24 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 9:15 PM, Andrew2.Nevins <
Andrew2.Nevins at live.uwe.ac.uk> wrote:

> I was going to write a question here about how to deal with people that
> have high expectations of support.
> It seemed like I was overlooking it at the time, but now that we're on the
> topic, how do you guys deal with it?

I think of it "job training" for the day job. :P

> Do you purposely not respond to them immediately, so they realise they're
> on the same level as everybody else who are also asking for help?

Taking a walk never hurts, some people will just get under your skin. If
someone is irking you on the forums you can walk away from it (mandatory
breaks! remember?), you can reach out to this list (like your doing, good
job that), or ping one of the other moderators individually.

Don't feel compelled to reply to a thread if there's someone there who
doesn't appreciate your efforts. If they're really being rude then b-code
them and reach out. The rest of us is here to support you too.

Thanks,

Jan Dembowski