[wp-forums] Why do I keep getting subscribed to threads?

Andrew2.Nevins Andrew2.Nevins at live.uwe.ac.uk
Sat Apr 6 10:25:50 UTC 2013

I always wondered why, but never been that bothered or felt that strong to complain about it.

I've found out why though. It's the submit button when you make a new post.
If you miss it by 1px to the left, which I do, it selects the checkbox, "Notify me of follow-up posts via email".

The checkbox selection shows a subtle change in state so I never noticed it.

See this screenshot of the issue(?) http://snag.gy/lcbdU.jpg . Select 1px to the left of the button to experience the issue. Tested on latest Chrome.

Resolutions
Perhaps make the checkbox selection more apparent?
Or reduce the width of the label?

:)