[wp-forums] copy of wordshell

Mika A Epstein ipstenu at ipstenu.org
Fri Sep 28 13:25:27 UTC 2012

Yes it is.

He is SELLING it. You are asking to take it and give it away.

GPL doesn't mean 'free as in beer.'

Of course you can, via the GPL, do this. I'm just saying you shouldn't.

I'll put it this way. If you steal a plugin from WPMU plugins and
attempt to put it up in the WordPress.org forums, you will be banned so
fast your head will spin. It's not a matter of GPL, it's a matter of
humanity. Let us not play Devs against Humanity.
> Stuart Matthews <mailto:stuart at islogistics.com>
> September 28, 2012 8:23 AM
> 1) I scoured his website and even the whois records for his email
> address, couldn't find it. This was a choice of the dev to not be
> easily found.
> 2) If it is GPLv2 licensed, then it isn't a "jerk" thing to do. The
> license specifically gives permission to share the software. You can't
> get nerd credit for using GPL and then not be OK with people sharing
> the software.
>
> - Stuart

Mika A Epstein (aka Ipstenu)
http://ipstenu.org | http://halfelf.org