[wp-forums] Unable to update user's email address

Sergey Biryukov sergeybiryukov.ru at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 12:55:18 UTC 2012

Howdy,

A user of ru_RU forums
(http://ru.forums.wordpress.org/profile/webliberty) can't change his
email domain from ya.ru to yandex.ru.

After verification, I've tried to do that for him. The page says
"Profile updated", but the e-mail does not change.

I thought that the email might already be in use by another account,
but this doesn't seem to be the case (a search in bbPress admin
doesn't display any accounts associated with that email).

I was able to temporary change his email to another address at
yandex.ru (not "webliberty"), and that worked. But the needed login is
"webliberty".

Technically, ya.ru is a mirror of yandex.ru (both emails are
essentially the same), but the user has his Gravatar attached to the
email at yandex.ru.

Is it somehow blocked?