[wp-forums] Tags to use!

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri Oct 19 14:33:00 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 8:01 PM, Mika A Epstein <ipstenu at ipstenu.org> wrote:
> Plugins & Themes:
> * Tag with their slug (wordpress-seo for example)

We don't actually use tags for this sort of thing anymore. Plugins and
themes get their support forums decided separately, via meta data
being stored at the time of thread creation.

Best to visit the actual plugin's support page (example:
http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/jetpack ) and start the thread
from there.

Or, visit the theme's support page (we have those now too:
http://wordpress.org/support/theme/twentytwelve ) and start your
thread from there.

Starting your thread in this way ties it to the plugin/theme, makes it
show up in those RSS feeds and email subscriptions, and puts it under
control of the plugin/theme author for marking as resolved and such.

-Otto