[wp-forums] Keep an eye out for the phisher

Mika A Epstein ipstenu at ipstenu.org
Wed Mar 28 13:07:41 UTC 2012

From this list?

72.233.56.172 I believe, but you can view the raw source of any email from the list and see stuff like this:

	for <wp-forums at lists.automattic.com>;
	Tue, 27 Mar 2012 05:55:07 -0700 (PDT)

The reason x-orginating-IP won't work here is that you'd get MY IP ;) I sent the email after all. Mailing lists are harder to fake, given the multiple layers and, in WP's case, the lack of an open relay (which is how people send email through folks that aren't them).

Check for lists.luv.wordpress.org and lists.automattic.com