[wp-forums] B-Coded user

Francisco de Azevedo frandeazevedo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 01:09:43 UTC 2012

> Would it be silly to require they pass a little 5-item multiple-choice
> quiz before they could sign up?

That is not a bad idea at all. Another possibility could be a redirection,
upon registration, to the Forum Welcome Codex article.

I agree with the verdict that most people don't even bother with the Codex
(be it forum guidelines or How To articles), and some of them even get
offended when you point them to one. I think I would actually add this one
as a #4 on Paul's list.

About #1, I've noticed that some people are very aware of the "no support
for premium code" policy and post on the forums anyway with lengthy
descriptions or code chunks so as not to have to share a link to their
sites (where premium plugins or themes can be spotted right away in the
source code). Has anyone else noticed this?