[wp-forums] I'm seeing a lot of this...

Ferenc Gergely Szilagyi kelytharun at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 20:29:58 UTC 2012

Hello,

my guess would be that the server has PHP4 installed (some hosts still
make it possible to use both PHP4 and PHP5) and WordPress is running
through that old version. Explains the error message about the
unexpected variable token, because the referenced line looks like
this:

$newvalue = clone $newvalue;

In PHP4, there is no "clone" keyword, so what happens here is that
engine thinks that it should put a constant named "clone" into the
variable, however this makes the second occurence of $newvalue a
syntax error.

Of course I can be wrong, but my logic says this.

Regards,
Ferenc Gergely Szilagyi