[wp-forums] Is it possible to set featured images from URL?

Chris Cox chris at renaissance-design.net
Mon Jul 2 09:00:51 UTC 2012

Resizing wouldn't be a problem to implement - there's already
wp_sideload_image() in core, which pulls an image from URL and runs it
through the usual import process.

I don't think the function's currently used though.

*Chris Cox*

Web Designer/Developer

Renaissance Design <http://www.renaissance-design.net/>

Mobile: +44 (0) 7779 336185