[wp-forums] What do we think of this topic - asking for designers?

Michael Atkins michael at cubecolour.co.uk
Thu Feb 2 11:41:50 UTC 2012

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/talented-wordpress-designers-wanted

This topic smells a bit spammy to me - he's probably posted it to try to drive traffic to his commercial theme shop (which I've never heard of). By getting people to make some free child themes (presumably for no pay) he's setting himself up in competition to the WordPress.org theme directory. The themes at his site are GPL, but it does feel like it goes against the purpose of the forum.

How would we normally deal with a post like this?

	just close it?
	delete the link & close it?
	spam it?
	let it run?