[wp-forums] Dreamhost pulling themes from wordpress.com?

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Mon Apr 23 14:43:35 UTC 2012

To me, this issue is larger than just one Theme or one Theme developer, and
should probably be addressed from higher up, by WPORG/WPF themselves. They
are in a much better position to dialogue with hosts, and to convince them
of best practices regarding distributing/re-distributing Themes.

(Trademark also plays a part in this issue. Whomever released "Adventure
Journal 2.0" at Dreamhost, while fully within their *copyright* rights to
modify/redistribute a Theme, have done so in a way that likely violates the
developer's *trademark* rights with respect to the Adventure Journal Theme
- to the detriment of the developer and end users of the Theme; which is
another reason that I'd prefer to see an issue such as this one dealt with
from "higher up.")

Chip