[wp-forums] The Hacks subforum is useless

mrmist listswpforum at mist.org.uk
Thu Apr 19 17:39:02 UTC 2012

On 19/04/2012 17:49, scribu wrote:
 > I'm referring to http://wordpress.org/support/forum/hacks
 >
 > If I remember correctly, it was created in an effort to replace the
 > wp-hackers mailing list. That doesn't seem to have worked out.

Not really, it was created to seperate out plugin *coding* from plugin
*help*.  Code help was being drowned in the plugin forum by plugin help
requests.

 > First of all, as you can see, there are almost no replies. Users post
 > questions and no one answers.

That much could be extrapolated across the whole forum, sadly.

 > Second of all, there is a huge overlap with
 > http://wordpress.org/support/forum/how-to-and-troubleshooting

Not really, as the how-to is more about using Wordpress, hacks was for
coding.

 > Therefore, I say it's time to kill it.

I'm not massively convinced that there's much benefit to killing it off.
  Killing off hacks won't suddenly mean that the people posting there
get replies in some other sub-forum.

mrmist.