[wp-forums] Thread layout borked

Francisco de Azevedo frandeazevedo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 10:02:20 UTC 2012

Hi everyone!
I agree with a lot of what has been said, but mainly:
*1.* This is a problem that I think needs fixing;
*2.* People don't read Forum rules and should definitely be encouraged to
do things the right way;
*3.* A dynamic fix seems like the best approach here to avoid increasing
mods' work load.
I have a couple of ideas but they kind of depend on this very simple *
question*:
What are the reasons behind the "no more than 10 lines of code" rule?
*a.* Security (i.e., to discourage code injection tactics, etc.);
*b.* Resource limitations (code takes space and therefore increases thread
size);
*c.* Thread readability;
*d.* None of the above or another reason.

*Potential solutions are:*
*a. *Keep disallowing certain dangerous tags, such as iframe, object, etc.,
combined with @Chip's idea of using this in conjunction with the spam
filter: if a tag is used that is not allowed, the post does not go through.
*b.* As suggested by @Rich, try to use Pastebin's API, and perhaps contact
them to see if that logged in requirement could be lifted for WP.org Forums
in exchange of, I don't know, credit ("Code insertion powered by Pastebin"
or smth?
*c.* Collapsable code divs either on "click" or on "mouseover" events (JS
downgradable to CSS);
*d. *Severe head scratching? :-)

Sorry for the long email!