[wp-forums] Themes/Templates Forum: Commercial Themes

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Tue Oct 25 15:30:30 UTC 2011

I agree; we should be doing whatever we can to encourage/facilitate the
*developers themselves* to offer support in the forums. Unfortunately, I
think that will mostly have to wait until whenever whatever future upgrades
are implemented for the forums.

I would *love* to see a bit of a reorganization:

Theme/Plugin Support
 - Themes
   - Theme Name
   - etc.
 - Plugins
   - Plugin Name
   - etc.
WordPress Development
 - Theme Development
 - Plugins, Hooks, and APIs
 - WP Advanced
 - Alpha/Beta Testing
Using WordPress
 - Installation
 - How-To and Troubleshooting
 - Multisite
 - Requests and Feedback
Miscellaneous
 - CSS, HTML, PHP
 - Your WordPress
 - Meetups

Basically, I'd love to see repository-hosted Themes/Plugins get a bit more
separation/prominence other than mere tagging (though, it's no great shakes
for a Theme/Plugin developer to follow the RSS feed for a Theme/Plugin tag).
Also, I'd love to separate out Theme/Plugin development questions from
general CSS/HTML/PHP questions (a pet peeve, but probably a topic for a
separate discussion).

Aside from the above ideas (that I'm sure have little chance of being
implemented any time soon), *is there anything that the Theme Review Team
can do to encourage developer support participation*? I'm open to any
suggestions, though would probably draw the line short of *requiring* forum
support.

Chip