[wp-forums] Be on the lookout for a specific issue with WordPress 3.1.3

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Thu May 26 01:21:51 UTC 2011

Hi all -

We goofed a bit in WordPress 3.1.3. One of our patches required some code
that was added in the 3.2 cycle. We're cautiously proceeding with 3.1.3 for
now, but I'd like you to be on the lookout for an increase in support forum
threads for this specific problem.

The minor problem is that on upload.php (Media > Library), you'll see some
warnings:

> Warning: explode() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in
/3.1/wp-includes/query.php on line 2390
> Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in
/3.1/wp-includes/query.php on line 2399

Everything works fine. If a site has display_errors = off (as it should be
in a development environment), then all will also look fine.

The other problem is far more rare. If for some reason a plugin is using the
query_string filter (which is deprecated) in any way at all, then Media >
Library won't actually show any attachments.

So, recap:

1. Do you see warnings? You shouldn't be running with display_errors on.
(Also, oops.)

2. Do you also see no attachments at all? Point these threads to me.

If you see any reports of either problem, please link them here. But
particularly for the second problem, so I can help them fix it :-)

Thanks!
Nacin