[wp-forums] Support for non-repository-hosted Themes

Jane Wells jane at automattic.com
Fri Jul 8 16:47:32 UTC 2011

That's not a bad idea, though there will always be more general
questions too that are applicable to any theme. We'd also need to very
careful not to create an us vs them situation, or to raise the barrier
to entry too high for asking a question. Forcing someone to find their
theme in the repo and ask from there doesn't sound like a great ux to
me, but we could possibly achieve a similar end by having an
interstitial before the forum post entry that has them choose
(auto-complete/search) their theme to get the auto-append in action and
remind them that commercial themes are just that -- commercial -- and
are supported by their creators if the question is specific to that theme.