[wp-forums] Username casing

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Feb 10 17:35:54 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 11:21 AM, esmi at quirm dot net <esmi at quirm.net> wrote:
> I seem to recall that an earlier version of Firefox (3.0?) had problems with
> case sensitvity & logins. Could it just be a browser issue?

Yes, I think it's a browser issue. Specifically, the last time
somebody brought this up, they tried using a different browser and it
worked. Then they went back and cleared their browser cache and memory
and such, and it worked there too.

Firefox in particular is bad about sending what it thinks you want it
to send and using memory or something to making it "transparent" on
login fields. You would think that wouldn't matter, but somehow it
does.

-Otto