[wp-forums] Profanity in Usernames

Mark / t31os wp-t31os at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 10 15:49:27 UTC 2010

Yes indeed, that's the one.

+1 to updating the rules to cover acceptable usernames.
+1 to updating the codex page Michael linked to in his reply
+1 to Mel's suggestion for placing the rules on the registration page

Has anyone contacted the user to mention the issue with the registered
name.
When i checked the users posts(this morning) i couldn't find any reason
to bozo based on posted content (i did only quickly skim), my concerns
were mainly in relation to the username(additionally the domain could be
seen as being just as profane).

Should we inform the user, so he/she is given an opportunity to
re-register under different credentials.

Mark