[wp-forums] Questionable Post? How to Handle Said Post and an Introduction

it's EMG its.emg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 01:05:30 UTC 2010

Hey everyone!

I (EMG, that's me) recently answered a question in the forums and after I
answered it, I started getting some strange feelings about the post that I
answered.

The topic is here:  http://wordpress.org/support/topic/371281?replies=2

And the reason I felt strange was because when I looked at the user's site,
I saw NO blue or red boxes anywhere (and my resulting response was rather
generic) but saw instead cream colored boxes.  Also, it was only an hour
between their request for help and my answer so I was figuring that the
problem/issue wouldn't have been solved already and therefore would be
showing blue or red boxes or a combination thereof.

To be honest, given the user's type of site and given the fact that I
couldn't find said blue and red boxes (am I blind?), I felt like the user
was simply asking for 'help' to gain more exposure for his/her site.

My question is:  What is the best way to handle a situation like that where
one feels that a user is simply posting a request for help/opinions to gain
exposure rather than to actually get help?

In relation to that, am I totally off the mark in my impression of  that
user's support topic that I described?

In other news, hello to everyone.  :)

I finally got around to subscribing to a few Automattic-related and
WP-related lists including this one and thought I should drop a line here
and say hello to everyone who I have run into around the forums.

Cheers!

~ EMG