[wp-forums] Comment about [sticky] Posts requests for theme decoding in here

mrmist listswptesters at mist.org.uk
Fri Jun 25 18:33:08 UTC 2010

In message <4C24C69B.5070809 at automattic.com>, Jane Wells
<jane at automattic.com> writes

> A boilerplate sentence promoting safe, reputable theme sources and
>linking to the one for their current theme would maybe be good.
>Jane

We have the "How to Decrypt an encoded theme" sticky (separate to the
decode themes here thread) which already discourages the use of the
themes - but judging from the traffic on "decode themes here" the advice
falls on deaf ears.

if anyone fancies re-wording the How to Decrypt sticky so that it offers
a stronger positional statement, I for one welcome you to take a stab at
it.

I sit firmly on the fence with this one, having been swayed by both
sides of the argument.  It's a tricky judgement to make.  However, the
popularity of the thread does suggest that - should we close the sticky
- there'd still be requests made, and - should we then want to take a
hard line on it - there'd be a reasonably large moderation overhead.
--
mrmist