[wp-forums] Was I right in closing this?

Mark E mark at edwards.org
Tue Feb 23 18:41:59 UTC 2010

Just respect the GPL and don't worry about who is asking for what. 9
times out of 10 someone asking for plugin code raises awareness for
other people about cool add-ons for WP. That benefits everyone. Whether
something costs money to DL is irrelevant. So, in my perspective,
closing a thread just because someone is asking for a free download link
is rather draconian and doesn't serve the community in general.

Mark