[wp-forums] Codex: Using Permalinks

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Sun Feb 7 22:58:02 UTC 2010

Arising out of:

<http://wordpress.org/support/topic/361588>

and the wording in:

<http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Permalinks#Structure_Tags>

"%postname%
     A sanitized version of the title of the post (post slug field on
Edit Post/Page panel). So “This Is A Great Post!” becomes
this-is-a-great-post in the URI (see Using only %postname%). Starting
reasons.. *** Note - this has been changed and is ok to do since ver. 2.0 "

I've just read right though the wp-tester discussion on scalability and
I didn't see anything in there that suggested it was "OK" to start
numeric is still the best option for performance.

Have I missed something?

esmi