[wp-forums] MichaelH forums wishlist

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Mar 10 18:23:26 GMT 2009

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 8:51 PM, Josh Leuze <jleuze at gmail.com> wrote:
> Of course, it would be even better if I didn't have to check in at all. I'd
> love to know when a thread that I have started or posted on had a reply
> without having to check, but I certainly don't want to clutter up my RSS
> reader. I would much rather be able to subscribe to follow ups by email,
> much like you can on the comments of many blogs.

I really detest email subscriptions on forums. They're usually
extremely difficult to unsubscribe from.

What I'd prefer would be two new RSS feeds available on the User Profile page:
1. All this users posts. Only his posts.
2. All the posts in threads this user has posted in.

I could subscribe to #2 to keep track of threads I'm active in, and I
could use #1 to keep track of what I'm posting for other uses (such as
FriendFeed and so forth).

-Otto