[wp-forums] bbPress and topic creation restrictions (by forum)

Kaf Oseo kaf at szub.net
Mon Feb 18 06:40:09 GMT 2008

Peeps,

A regular element of many forum sites is an Announcement forum, where
only the mods (sysops, whatever) can create new topics, though others
may be able to reply. This question displays a high level of bbPress
ignorance on my part, but does the software offer a feature (or plugin)
restricting a forum to topic creation only to a certain level of member
and up?

I was thinking an Announcements forum might be useful to drop important
discussions in, as well as cut down on the need for top-level sticky
topics. Tater-thoughts?

-Kaf