[wp-forums] Tone

wordpress forums wordpress.forums at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 19:10:33 GMT 2007

On 9/12/07, Melanie <melanie at itcouldbenothing.com> wrote:

I appreciate your remarks.

-----------------------------

If you return to the thread you will see that it wasnt, in fact, my reply
that bothered the poster -- I have, in fact, become sensitive, to those
sorts of "omg everyone is so rude here" remarks, and immediately assumed it
was me he was directing that at. It wasn't. Was does that mean? Obviously it
must mean that what he read, and you read.. were entirely different. Does
that make my reply rude? No. It makes it ambiguous. At worst.

Smart ass, plain and simply, as you said? No, not even close.

For what it's worth, I do pick and chose the threads I reply to -- and more
get left behind by me than get answered.

*But your curtness (which will ALWAYS be read as rudeness, no matter how
much you want to tell yourself that it's someone else's issue with reading
tone) is just unnecessary.*
**
And I feel it's equally uneccessary to treat people like they are idiots. I
speak to people like they are adults, and have brains, and ought to be
prepared to use them. And I'm sorry, but I do not feel that anyone should
have to walk on eggshells when replying with information. Its information --
its not telling someone that the clothes they are wearing makes them look
fat.