[wp-forums] Please read! Inregards to Install4free.. devs, podz, anyone!

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 22:09:41 GMT 2006

> I've recentlyu thought it better to delete even the 'installs' completed.
>
> We really don't need the information once an install is complete.
>
> Making even the website address that we installed is in a sense, betraying the trust vested by the people asking for a free install.
>
> My vote is to delete the completed requests and keep a count somewhere.
>

> MichaelH

If you think so Michael, maybe storing our "own" handled ones in a TXT file/ on zip or 3 1/2 floppy or something? I was thinking along the lines of, people re-contacting us, about maybe future issues with their install.. Which DID happen to me already.. a few times..

Because they did ask me for help, because *they did* something to their own blog,.. of course though.. we are NOT supposed to be personal support reps for them... Guess that's part of the "customer service guilt trip" deal.. LoL!

Was also thinking of keeping them, for the "record" type deal, which you mentioned, and having the info there, for each individual installers "handled requests".. to know what was actually done with it..

And also, to know who handled who, to be able to grab the user's email addy.. to ask for a possible testimonial page contribution.. Unless of course... you think that shouldn't be either.. I dunno .. =/

spencerp