[wp-forums] Akismet

Lara at Anubis Marketing lara at anubismarketing.com
Tue Sep 19 23:56:53 GMT 2006

miklb said:
Were spam posts really that bad in the forums that this was neccessary, or
is this simply a way of flexing Akismet's muscle?
Personally, I think the mods/volunteers did a great job weeding out the bad
posts.
In the meantime, users are going to suffer.
--snip--

+1 for all of this... I never saw major issues, as a non-mod of course, with
spam in the forums... I too think that this is more of a pain than its
worth, actually.
We have a hard enough time with mods being able to get around and help
people and keep things orderly - doesn't this whole thing take away valuable
time from them?
Nevermind the fact that people who post a reply that doesn't appear with
either keep posting it or will get pissed off and leave for good. Not really
a good thing if you ask me...

~ Lara