[wp-forums] Update 9/18

Michael D Adams mikea at turbonet.com
Mon Sep 18 21:54:48 GMT 2006

I just updated the forums again.  I've tested everything, and it all
seems to work.  Please respond if you encounter bugs.

!1. The top portion of the topic has been simplified (I hope) a
little.  In particular, we now see a (X posts) at the top.
Moderators should instead see (X posts +Y more) when looking at a
topic with spam or deleted posts in it. This takes the place of the
old "view all" link.  http://wordpress.org/support/topic/86772?replies=6

2. Ajax has been simplified.  Tagging on topics should work now.  If
you don't have any tags listed under "Your Tags" for a particular
topic, the first tag you add will cause a page reload.  Subsequent
tags will not.  This will get cleaner.

!3. On front page, on each forum page and on each tag page there is
now a "Add New" link up near the top which should take you to a form
to add a new topic.

4. Search: has been in the works for some time... still is :)

5. My take on the popular poll items that seem to involve me:

[+1 ++1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 / -1 -1] - - Move the list of specific
forums above the recent posts.

With the new "Add New" links, the main need for this may have been
lifted.

[+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +++1 +1 ++1 +1] - - Fix the pagination issues/problems!

Are there any problems outside of the "views" (no-replies,
unresolved, ...)?

[+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 / 0 / -1. (Needs to be integrated.)] - - Make
posting code and links easier for less technical users. Use the
wordpress.pastebin.ca for people to paste codes, then post back the
URL to it. Also, fix the bugs for placing links in the forums!

Still working on links.  Will try to make code easier.

[+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1] - - For quicktags type addition/option, for
placing codes in the forums and such.

Nice idea.

[+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 / -1 -1 ] - - "When a thread gets marked as
Resolved, close it too. If folks want to dredge up golden-oldies, let
'em refer to it by link. After 50 or more posts the topic has often
drifted all over hell and back."

Another nice idea.

Michael