[wp-forums] Forums above posts.

Lara at Anubis Marketing lara at anubismarketing.com
Mon Sep 18 10:46:47 GMT 2006

-----Original Message-----
~miklb said:
What if the Forums were listed above the tags with clickable links.  I don't
think many new users look for the unresolved, untagged threads anyway,
that's got to be more a mod type link.

 ---- I'm not a mod, and I use them all the time. I try to help there first,
actually.

That way, both the individual forums are listed, the recent posts stay
"above the fold", and users can see there are tags.

---- Why are recent posts so important to go above the fold? I'd have to say
that the most important things are the sticky-type posts, which can be put
up there with links to them, the tags, and what's been answered or not.
Think about people's first time there - do they really need to see a thread
titled "I want this!!" ?? Not really - they need to know the forum rules,
see the FAQ, and figure out where the heck they're going to ask their
question. I'm not saying to remove the "latest discussions" area - but
there's absolutely no reason to have it be so prominent...

~ Lara