[wp-forums] The "Changes" - PT2 - Let's get this together..

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 03:43:02 GMT 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-15 at 16:28 -0500, spencer wrote:
> - Forum structure
> [place vote here] - Move the list of specific forums above the recent posts.

+1. People are shortsighted. We may as well make it easier for them.

> [place vote here] - Move/Remove/Replace the Latest Discussions section off
> the forums index page, with the actual forums themselves.

+1. You mean each forum has its own Latest Discussion page? Sounds like
an improvement to me.

> [place vote here] - Fix the search on the Forums and Codex, for each search,
> to search each section specifically.

+101. I haven't a clue how the current search works. All I know is that
it doesn't search the forums like I expect it to. :D

> [place vote here] - Removing the Beta forum.

+1. I think the wp-testers list should be used instead.

> [place vote here] - Fix the pagination issues/problems!

+1. Never encountered anything like this, being not-so-regular on the
forums, but anything weird like this I'd like to see fixed. Also, though
unrelated to the forums, can someone fix the Codex theme so I see the
edit links on the right?

> [place vote here] - Make a good FAQ/Forums Rules, get a team together on
> this, and make it happen!

+1. It really annoys me when a closed forum topic is used to host the
rules, though. It just seems ugly. I'd like to see a link to the rules
in the same spot as before, i.e. on the top of the list of topics, but
link the rules to a static page. Much less ugly.

> [place vote here] - Make a drop down menu type deal for the "Tags".

Conditional +1. Surely there'd be millions of tags in use on the forums.
+1 only if the drop-down box is limited to the top 10 tags or so.

> [place vote here] - Make posting code and links easier for less technical
> users. Use the wordpress.pastebin.ca for people to paste codes, then post
> back the URL to it. Also, fix the bugs for placing links in the forums!

-1. Needs to be integrated.

> [place vote here] - "When a thread gets marked as Resolved, close it too.
> If folks want to dredge up golden-oldies, let 'em refer to it by link.
> After 50 or more posts the topic has often drifted all over hell and back."

-1. I don't like the sound of this idea. Heck, I'm just one voter,
though.

> VOTES COUNT! So please, vote! =)
>
> spencerp

+1. We need your votes.