[wp-forums] Forums updated = Borky Updated

Michael D Adams mikea at turbonet.com
Mon Sep 11 17:23:49 GMT 2006

On Sep 11, 2006, at 4:33 AM, spencer wrote:
> 1) Depends on the link, or what not.. most I've been copy/pasting
> into the Reply field, comes out in TEXT form, not LINK form.

A link will not get linked if it's the very first thing.  It's a
subtle bug, I'm working on the best solution now.

> 2) The # link on a reply in the forums, are borked, the URL is
> incomplete..and gives a WRONG URL for the thread itself! As you can
> see here: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/86687?replies=13

Fixed, will be pushed live soon.

> 3) In the forums Admin section, that "bb_get_user needs a numeric
> ID"  error is still around.. For almost every where, in there.. (On
> a sidenote: This was even going on, when trying to setup a bbpress
> of my own, on the localhost.. Downloaded a copy.. got that same
> error, didn't have much luck finding the answer for it? )

I'm a little stumped here.  I can't duplicate the error on my site.
Will continue to look into it.

> 4) Stumped on the "bozo feature" deal just as Handy.. not sure how
> this is done, and so forth, and so on.. Is the SPAM link on the
> forum replies for this? Or does that delete/tag replies, as spam?
> As Handy said before: "Is this just for the uber-ops, or can common
> "Moderators" do that too?"

Sorry for the brief explanation last night.

Any one who can edit users can edit a user's profile and mark them as
a bozo.  From that point on, their posts will be invisible to anyone
but themselves (and mods who care to look).

Additionally, posts can be marked as spam.  This has a similar effect
but applies on a thread by thread basis.  If a post in topic X is
marked as spam, that user's posts *in that topic* will from then on
be invisible to others.

Bozos con be checked in the admin, as can Spam posts.

Thanks for your patience.

Michael