[wp-forums] Exploit report

Petit petit at petitpub.com
Fri May 26 19:09:01 GMT 2006

TechGnome wrote:
> Broke it.... but should we remove it, close the thread and/or possibly
> delete it? Don't want to sound like chicken little here, but we also
> want to be cautious until we know the true extent of the allegation.
>
> -tg
Yes - kill it and replace with a message that the possible exploit is
checked by security personnel.
The link goes directly to a PHP file, which you ca easily load in a browser.
It contains some explanation of the vulnerability, if there really is one.
Clicking such a link is no danger per se, but spreading the word might be.

/Petit