[wp-forums] the free thing again

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Fri May 19 00:14:17 GMT 2006

Petit wrote:
> Jesse S wrote:
>> Looks good. A couple of things:
>>

>>   - "We will install WordPress to your website into a directory called
>>   'wordpress'"- does that mean we don't do root, or /blog, or anything? I
>>   remember there being a discussion about this, but I seem to have
>> missed the
>>   resolution.

> Mmm.. I tried to rise that question, but as I remember it, with mumbling
> response.
> I thought, that it makes no difference whatever the directory is called.
> I might be wrong though - I haven't made that many installs.

(I hope the above formats better when it comes through)

As far as I recall - and I may be wrong and the purpose of doing the
blog demo was to get all these things rediscussed and finalised - it was
for clarity. Do they want /blog /wordpress /root  etc. Of course what we
  say and what we do can and would probably be different - but I'd like
to set my own rules within what is agreed - They say "I know it says
/wordpress but could you do /blog?" and I'd say yes. They say "I know it
says /wordpress but can you do root?" and I look and see a godforsaken
hell of every file you can imagine then I'd quite like to be able to say
"I'm sorry..I can't...".

P.