[wp-forums] International spam day?

Handy handy.solo at gmail.com
Thu May 18 18:48:51 GMT 2006

On 5/18/06, Jesse S <jesse at resiny.org> wrote:

> might be a good idea. links to akismet, SK2, and bad behavior, or
> something
> like that...
>
> On 5/18/06, Podz <podz at tamba2.org.uk> wrote:
> >
> > Jesse S wrote:
> > > It's possible it's just me, and it's possible I missed something, but
> it
> > > sure feels like today and somewhat yesterday the spammers have gone
> mad.
> > > There's been a definite increase of spam threads in the forum for one
> > > thing.
> > >

> > I'm getting hit with a fair few and have been for a while ... spam
> > sticky maybe?

Agreed.

I just tossed this in my new "WP things I say too much" Google Notebook to
make copy/paste easier:
-----
Install and activate Akismet or Spam Karma 2.  Then install and activate Bad
Behavior.

akismet.com/
unknowngenius.com/blog/wordpress/spam-karma/
homelandstupidity.us/software/bad-behavior/<http://www.homelandstupidity.us/software/bad-behavior/>

For those who struggle with the Akismet directions:
http://wordpress.com/api-keys/