[wp-forums] wp-config.php

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Wed Jan 25 20:52:44 GMT 2006

I posted to the Hackers list this morning about a problem that sometimes
comes up. This thread is an example:
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/57478?replies=25

It appears to install then they see this:
"There doesn't seem to be a wp-config.php file. I need this before we
can get started. Need more help? We got it. You can create a
wp-config.php file through a web interface, but this doesn't work for
all server setups. The safest way is to manually create the file."

It's a hosting server situation caused the the host crippling what they
offer. The only remedy (so far) is to switch hosts.

Thought I'd post it here to save people being told to do the chmod, ftp
to check etc etc which I've certainly done before.

P.